Ya, that was a bit of a strange title. ‘Shiny’ is one of my favourite words, purely for its morphemic value: shy-knee – almost. 😛
Anyways, Avery Thorne of BloodOverIthaca nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thanks, dude! I love talking about myself 😛 You can see the rest of the awards I have amalgamated under the ‘Blog Awards’ link in the sidebar-menu.
1. Display the Award Certificate on your website
2. Announce your win with a post and link to whoever presented your award
3. Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers
4. Drop them a comment to tip them off after you’ve linked them in the post
5. Post 7 interesting things about yourself.
And now for the next set of seven points. Hang on… *thinks*
1. I like to string together strange sentences that prove I can use general linguistics skills. I was particular proud at remembering during a school-House competition that πλοῦτος is Greek for ‘wealth’ – hence ‘plutocracy’. Once I stop learning Latin as a subject, I intend to continue linguistic exploration to prove that I have not lost the skill entirely.
2. I use to wear insoles constantly. Before I started skating, I had incredibly weak ankles caused by no specific problem, a combination of environmental growth and genetic issues. I can still make them click on cue.
3. I am right-handed, eared and balanced, but left-sighted and footed. There are numerous tests one can take to find out (Google?), but sometimes you just know. I’ve always been better at balancing on my right foot and I automatically cover my left ear when I’m trying to tune to pitch – however, I find it naturally easier (and it’s said that most right-handers and left-footed) to spin and jump off my left foot, and this provides some issues now that I have started combining the balance and spin/jump exercises.
4. I simultaneously love and hate my front teeth. I guess you could say I’m buck-toothed, and my front two are angled outwards like a softer version of: / \ I was never allowed corrective orthodontics because I still have half my baby teeth.
5. People say I’m an extrovert, but I’m actually, internally incredibly shy. I couldn’t meet people when I was little. I’d just hide behind my parents. I still can’t answer the door or pick up the phone if I don’t know who it is. I attribute this to my anxiety, especially as I get really anxious in big crowds. I’m working on my confidence, but I reckon this is why I get so nervous before doing what I love: performing.
6. I seem to be doomed to use out-dated browsers. My family computer was out-dated before I started using it – now it is ancient compared to the laptops and goodies my friends have. I still use my dad’s laptop – without internet. I am proud of not falling for every new product, though.
7. Looking after nature means everything is treasure. I am a collector. I can’t help it – I still have little toys from my childhood. I guess I mention this point because I’ve chosen my halls for next year. By the 9th May, it will be booked for when I get my results. Thus, I am currently trying to ‘spring clear’ all the clutter in my drawers; I have to learn that one day, for instance, if I marry, I will not be able to keep these things. Nevertheless, I have this inability to throw/give away things that I might one day use. The month I let my mother clear away my long white socks, I had to act Alice. See, bad idea.
Now for the nominees! (I’m gonna do ten, otherwise the long tendrils of blog-connections won’t stretch enough) *party popper*
Jae – because she’s always interesting, even when interviewing other people. Check out her April’s Featured Blog posts this month.
Mystic Cooking Ladies – intelligent discussion of writing and drawing life.
Avonlea Writer – a teen writer with an eye for steampunk and traditional stuff like me!
The Looney Teen Writer – concise, effective posts about writing and the world…even if they are a little mad!
Box of Thoughts – it’s one of those moments where you find out a real-life friend has had a blog all along. Good, real stuff.
Charley Robson – I don’t care if you’ve had the award before, you inspire me with your strange bopping and emails. xD
UponAtlas – Again, you’ve probably had the award before, but you were the first commenter on here and that gets cookies.
Storytelling Nomad – fantasy writing, travel and awesomeness.
NevilleGirl – blogging for much longer than me, but the posts on writing, reading, homeschooler and random are still fresh.
Yawatta Hosby – releasing debut novel soon; her journey to publication is fascinating to read about.