I’m jumping in to the Ready. Set. Write! writing intensive that starts this week*, hosted by Katy Upperman, Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, and Erin Funk. Whilst I’ll be dropping in and out due to commitments and NaNo, RSW allows me to quickly create and update goals for my writing this summer.
*You may have noticed that the updates are on Mondays, so Tuesday will become my new Photo of the Week day until RSW is completed.
My Overarching Goals
1. Complete and submit my short story/novella <Unnamed Steampunk>. Also, come up with a neat name for it.
2. Finish reading over the summer at least three of the books I’ve started reading this year.
3. Complete another round of tightening of NA Fantasy Romance When the Clock Broke and try to make the first three chapters more appealing. Post to Absolute Write for critiquers of world building and the like.
4. Make progress rewriting YA contemporary mystery, Of Jackets and Phones, to make it Beta/CP-ready.
5. Complete July’s CampNaNo with the first draft of ‘H’ and at least start NA contemporary uni romance, Under the Carrington. These two are itching to be written right now.
I am way too ambitious, judging by the overarching goals, but I’m hoping that the weekly goals will help me cut my ideas and into sizeable chunks. And that I can still maintain regular blog posts (and a hint of a social life…) in the meanwhile.
My main goal for this week is to finish the first draft of <Unnamed Steampunk> and begin editing.
If you want to join me, just pop over to one of the host blogs, grab a button, and leave your link and you’re go to go! The headers for the goals next week are:
1. How I did on last week’s goal(s).
2. My goal(s) for this week.
3. A favourite line from my project OR a word/phrase that sums up what I wrote/revised.
4. The biggest challenge I faced this week.
5. Something I love about my WIP.