Ready. Set. WRITE! is a summer writing intensive that encourages goal-setting and accountability, and provides an opportunity for us to cheer each other on wherever we’re at in our writing—planning, drafting, revising, or polishing. This year, your hosts are Alison Miller, Jaime Morrow, Erin Funk, and Katy Upperman.
This week’s been interesting and I’m not sure if I’m actually making progress.
Goals from this week:
1. Stop watching so many Steam Powered Giraffe live videos. Working on it.😉
2. CAMPNANOWRIMO. Yes, it deserved capslock. I’m going to be moving back home this week, so I don’t expect as much to be written, but I am hoping to do at least 1K a day. This week I wrote about nine thousand words, and got to chapter five…but there’s a long way to go.
3. July WTCB query batch. Waiting on a CP, then I’ll deal with this.
My goals for this week:
1. CampNaNo – write about 10 – 20K, so I reach the 25K mark, past the quarter mark.
3. Do small character bios? I’d like to know what interesting or unusual hobbies my characters have, but it doesn’t matter if this is never done.
4. July query batch.
line paragraph [because I can] from my project.
She spun, shielding the oriental vase from her bustle with the sweep of her hand.
Jules offered her the day’s paper. In her fury, she’d failed to pick one up. “You might try flying with an independent captain. They may be unlicensed and of not the freer airways, but the cost will allow a greater distance of travel. In case my brother has arbitrarily sent himself across the unknown precincts of the Americas. That is all I can give you.”
The biggest challenge I faced this week.
I’m worried I’m not including enough setting description. I’m just getting stumped on imaginative description at the moment.
Something I love about my WiP.
I’m amused at how much I’ve managed to make the dirigible flights like modern-day air-travel. In chapter three, the MC’s governess/companion asks whether she should check to see if the dirigible has arrived – reminding me of an arrivals board!
I also found out that my MC is an ornithophile (bird-lover), which makes sense since she also enjoys flying. I love the interaction between her and the carrier pigeons.